Slow roast method: cook it slowly to render the fat and crisp the skin
Frozen birds: thaw in fridge for
approximately 2 days prior to cooking
1. Preheat oven to 325F, prick skin all over with a knife to help render fat (try to not pierce meat)
2. Liberally salt the bird, add your favorite herbs to inner cavity
3. Cook for 1 hour at 325F in pan with vegetables surrounding duck
4. Take pan out, increase oven to 450F, then roast for up to 30 mins or until skin is crispy (if vegetables are done cooking, place duck on separate pan)
5. Let the duck rest for 5-10 minutes before carving
Save the carcass!
After you've enjoyed your roasted duck, save the carcass to make bone broth stock.
Place carcass in a pot or crock pot, cover with water, add a splash of vinegar, cook for a few hours (up to 2 days) and then strain broth into jars.